It is an absolute user friendly system, developed specifically for environmental engineers, who may not have much exposure to numerical concepts in data creation, calculation and analysis.
Hydrodyn-SEDSOFT is an advanced computer software used to simulate cohesive and non-cohesive sediment transport in coastal waters of estuarine systems in complex geometry with high order (precision) numerical schemes. This software can be used to study the hydraulic behavior of a system with seasonal inflows and to locate an idle site for dumping the dredging material.
The software can be used to calculate the transport and dispersion of sediments at the dredging, drilling and dumping sites. This can also be used for prediction of bed level variation due to sediments entrained in to the system (model water body) and also to study for safe guarding in the changes of bed configuration as well as banks.
- 2Dunstructured Triangular mesh in horizontal direction, can be generated for any arbitrary shaped topography of flow domain.
- Streteched grid in vertical direction
- Can be used for modeling of hydrostatic / non-hydrostatic flows.
- Sediment source boundary conditions can be defined at any location within the study domain.
- Integrated pre and post processor facilities.
- Digitization tools for digitizing various hydrographical features.
- Solver has cold start and hot start options
- Multi view point dynamic post-processing facilities for output results.
- Help menu facilities are available.
- Discharge of Sediments due to drilling processes and its dispersion
- Environmental impact Assessments on Sediments
- Sediment transport
- Deep water sediment flume analysis
- Coastal Zone Management
- Dispersion of sediments due to drilling and dumping activities
- Impact on marine environment due to sediment entrainment from various sources